What are you working on? (Sept 2020)

Welcome to the monthly “What are you working on?” thread! Post pictures, gifs, videos, demos, tweets, text, anything at all, or the game!

This topic will remain open for September 2020, please feel encouraged to post!

1 Like

Been working on a racing game thing.Here’s a video from a few days ago.

https://streamable.com/vjmm4c

I guess if you want to play test I left a link in #collaboration in the DevFivum discord. pls join I need play testers lol

Also working on a racing game.

Video

Been playing around with procedural generation, got some cool island generation going. The little yellow tiles are towns.

3 Likes

One of the games I’m working on needed to make a water system that doesn’t use Roblox Terrain.

Made a system which allows you to create as many water regions as you want, while also giving you the ability to create “No Swim Zones” so you can make underwater caves and such.

Still an early WIP but it was satisfying to see it working!

7 Likes

An update!

• Multi-regional water, can have sea-level and above sea-level water bodies and it’ll be swimmable :smiley:
  • 100% potato device friendly, only gives you what your device can handle by looking into your graphics settings.
  • As realistic as can be!
    • Atmosphere and lighting changes when camera goes under water
    • Sound muffles when going under water
    • Once you stop moving (pressing buttons) your character slows to a halt.

What’s next?

• character floating with the wave when at surface level
  • ability to add items that float/sink when thrown in water.

Going in I honestly had no experience working on this type of mechanic, though learning as I go and reiterating as I find better methods. Really happy with what I got so far!

7 Likes