This forum is a place where professional developers and avid enthusiasts can come together to discuss Roblox development. Here you can discuss interesting and highly technical development problems, share useful resources, and learn more about any aspect of creation on the Roblox platform.
Some guidelines for expected behavior while using this forum are given below. There are not many, and most should be obvious and easy to follow if you are a mature personality, but we list them here to set up expectations for posting behavior.
Let’s try to make this a positive and inspiring community for each other!
Please keep these things in mind while posting:
- All posts must be related to development in some shape or form.
- Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
- Improve the discussion in some way.
- Leave the community in a better place than you found it.
- If you see a problem, flag it, do not engage.
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit (NSFW).
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
- No mini-modding.
This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.
Make sure that your forum name contains your Roblox username, or that your profile description contains your Roblox username or a link to your Roblox profile.
This way, everyone knows who everyone else is, which makes it easier to start discussions.
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- Knee-jerk contradiction
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
We are not interested in hosting topics primarily meant to rant or cause drama.
If you have a problem with a Roblox feature, a moderation policy, or anything else about a Roblox product, please use the appropriate categories on the Roblox Developer Forum to give that feedback directly to Roblox.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
Please use the following form if you want to join the forum, or if you want to share it with anyone you think could benefit from being in this community: https://forms.gle/cUUzE3vvbMtgsTLV7
We are looking for mature Roblox users that can make a positive impact on this forum.