.luacheckrc file necessary to provide support for Roblox Lua in Luacheck.
- Install luacheck!
- Copy .luacheckrc into the root directory of your project
What is Luacheck
If you’re using Roblox outside of Roblox Studio, Luacheck is a linter that will analyze your code for you.
Here are some examples of the .luacheck in action. Traditional .luacheckrc files will not catch these errors.
- Automatically applies
- Automatically applies the
- Has definitions for Roblox types and variables
- Specifically ignores adding
Workspaceand other global variables following Roblox’s standards
- Does not show deprecated properties
Run and updating
To run you need Lua (5.1 or higher). Running the script will pull the latest version of the Roblox API and then pull in the latest Enums and game/workspace properties.
You can copy the contents of
.luacheckrc into your
Inspired by luacheck-love.