This topic is an on-going attempt to document useful information concerning the features listed on the High-Level Platform Roadmap for 2020 and the features deferred in 2019.
The official Roadmap can be found on the Developer Hub: https://developer.roblox.com/resources/Roblox-Platform-Roadmap.
Aims & Scope
The official Roadmap has very little detail. There is also no guarantee that the status of any feature will be updated on the Roadmap: https://devforum.roblox.com/t//509046/236.
As such, this topic aims to:
- Offer accurate, up-to-date statuses of each feature;
- Provide relevant additional information about the features on the Roadmap, which may include:
- Release announcements
- Likely dates of release / progress information
- Technical / implementation details
- Known limitations
- Other useful information that may otherwise be difficult to find
This topic does not cover other features that have been released or mentioned in places other than the official Roadmap. Bear in mind that the Roadmap is “Developer Facing” and only covers a subset of projects being worked on: https://devforum.roblox.com/t//509046/190.
This is a living document. Community contribution will ideally keep this topic complete and up-to-date as features go through releases or more information becomes available. Forum users can contribute by editing any of the posts following the Table of Contents.
- Contain useful and relevant information, especially where it is not otherwise easy to find;
- Be based on good authority, for example a public statement by a Roblox staff member;
- Be clearly referenced, for example by providing a link to the source of the information;
- Be in keeping with the style of the rest of the document, in terms of formatting and general written style.
Concurrent wiki editing is not well supported on Discourse. Attempting to edit a post that another user is already editing will most likely prevent your changes from being saved, and their changes will not appear on the version of the post that you are currently editing.
For this reason, it is encouraged to minimize the time spent editing a post. The recommended approach is to write up an edit in a separate editor and then simply merge it in when it is ready. This should make edit collisions very unlikely.
Replying to this topic is discouraged. Suggestions, issues, or general queries should be communicated via DM.
Each feature listed in the body of the document is preceded by an icon indicating its status. Statuses build upon the naming conventions used on the official Roadmap, but note that the statuses found in this document may not reflect the official statuses since those are not kept up-to-date.
|Live||The feature is released. Generally this means it was announced on the DevForum.|
|Beta||The feature is undergoing beta testing, which includes open beta, closed beta, and internal beta.|
|On Track||The feature is on track for completion in the targeted time period.|
|Delayed||The feature is still being worked on but will not be released in the targeted time period.|
|Deferred||The feature is postponed.|
|Superseded||This feature was superseded by another feature.|
|Unknown||No information is available except that the feature is planned.|